The SUNY Center for Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) annual conference brings together a unique group of professors, international programs staff, instructional technologists, and administrators from the State University of New York (SUNY), as well as from colleges and universities across the country and the world to explore and promote innovation in collaborative online international learning. The COIL model is a cost-effective internationalization methodology for fostering cross-cultural exchange between faculty and students in two or more different countries through the use of internet based tools. The COIL Conference is the leading higher education-focused annual conference in this vital area of international teaching and learning.
The 2014 COIL Conference drew over 250 attendees from over 100 institutions. A similar number of attendees are anticipated this year. It is expected that approximately 60% of the attendees will be from 30+ SUNY campuses and the remaining 40% will come from 50+ higher education institutions around the world. As a result, the conference provides a unique opportunity to reach and interact with a range of practitioners and decision makers actively engaged in utilizing technology to advance teaching and learning in international education.
The event will be held at the SUNY Global Center, at 116 East 55th Street, in one of New York City's most distinguished landmark buildings, a specially-designed facility for innovative 21st century global experiences. With its location in the heart of Manhattan, events at the SUNY Center attract a diverse range of attendees, and serve as a hub of cross-border and cross-cultural exchange of information, knowledge, learning and innovation.
We are pleased to offer the opportunity to partner with SUNY COIL Center as a conference sponsor. More details on sponsorship levels and benefits can be found in this document.